Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £14,423 - £17,034 for hours and weeks stated (£20,252 - £23,918 FTE)
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Fixed Term until 31/08/2023
Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday-Friday- 8:30am-3:00pm with a 30 min lunch break) Term time + 5 INSET days
Closing Date: 19/02/2023
Interview: To be confirmed
New Horizons Primary School is currently seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant on a Fixed Term contract. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth.
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
You will hold a relevant NVQ Level 2 or higher childcare qualification, and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above).
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
Find out more about our story at: Ethos & Values, New Horizons Primary School
At New Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
New Horizons Primary School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities. Following this fixed term contract, there is potential for a permanent role within our family of schools in Portsmouth.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Provide teaching and learning to our students with the support of the Classroom Teacher
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Ability to inspire, challenge and motivate
- Committed to supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good ICT skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What you will get from our Trust:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Gemma Muscat, Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com