Midday Meals Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 1 £3,126 - £3,259 for hours and weeks stated (£19,774 - £20,619 FTE)
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Fixed Term until 31/08/2023
Hours: 6.66 hours per week, Term time + 5 INSET days
Closing Date: 05/02/2023
Interview: To be confirmed
We are seeking to appoint a Midday Meals Supervisor at New Horizons Primary School to stimulate and engage our children in exciting play and games at lunchtime whilst maintaining their safety. A willingness to work as part of a team and seek positive solutions is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
Find out more about our story at: Ethos & Values, New Horizons Primary School
At New Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
New Horizons Primary School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities. Following this fixed term contract, there is potential for a permanent role within our family of schools in Portsmouth.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- To be able to supervise pupils in the dining areas
- Ensure good standards of behaviour by the pupils; are maintained.
- Assist with associated ancillary duties (e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc).
- Ensure School security regulations are upheld.
- Provide welfare support to the pupils of the school, including undertaking first aid duties (depending on training).
- Attend appropriate training sessions in order to increase knowledge and skills.
- To ensure First Aid is given and actions are recorded in the First Aid book.
- To ensure confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the children and the school.
- To be flexible and adaptable to deal with the changing needs of the school
- At the discretion of the school you may be required to work between 1 -5 INSET days per an academic year to complete additional training and safeguarding updates.
Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What you will get from our Trust:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities
- Staff recognition programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend programme
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Gemma Muscat, Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com