Key Stage 1 Teacher
Salary: TSAT Teacher Scale £27,186 - £42,192 per annum
Leadership opportunities available for the right candidate
Start date: January 2023
Contract: Full time, Fixed Term until 31/08/2023
Closing Date: 04/12/2022
Interview: To be confirmed
We require a Teacher to join New Horizons Primary School to teach within our Key Stage 1 on a Fixed Term basis. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth.
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
Find out more about our story at: Ethos & Values, New Horizons Primary School
At New Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
New Horizons Primary School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities. Following this fixed term contract, there is potential for a permanent role within our family of schools in Portsmouth.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher. Applications from Early Career Teachers and experienced teachers are welcome.
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What you will get from our Trust:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Gemma Muscat, Office Manager on email@example.com
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org