Student Engagement Worker (Teaching Assistant)
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 Pro rata £17,194 - £20,307 for hours and weeks stated (£20,252 - £23,918 FTE)
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 35 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (Term time plus 1 week)
Closing date: 19/02/2023
The Portsmouth Academy is a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth, we are looking to appoint a Student Engagement Worker to join our supportive and dynamic staff team.
The Portsmouth Academy is a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning. The academy has launched a one:one device policy, so every child in Year 7 and Year 8 has their own laptop.
‘Pupils are happy at school and proud to be members of its community’ – Ofsted, 2022
The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What you will need to succeed:
- The principal responsibilities of this post are to enable students to access learning by supervising and assisting them (one to one and in small groups) across a wide range of activities and supported learning. You will also be required to support student interventions across the school such as Breakfast Club, Homework Club and Reading Intervention.
- The right candidate for the role will have experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing and will possess excellent written and communication skills.
- You will be educated to a minimum requirement of Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- You will have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role and the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation, please contact Nicky Brown Nicky.Brown@tpa.tsat.uk
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
If you are interested in hearing about other roles across our Trust sign up to our talent pool by clicking here
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org